Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since we've had Jimmy, he hasn't enjoyed being picked up at all. Well we just foud out we were doing it the wrong way :eek:
Our old cat, Tinker, use to like being held facing towards you so she could snuggle up. So that's what we always did with Jimmy - but he didn't like it.
Now we've found out he likes to be held facing *away* from you so he can see what's going on. He likes it even more if you walk around a bit so that he can have a look at the world from human eye level. He even started purring when I was giving him a little ' tour of the flat' last night :)
I was so pleased. I guess it sometimes takes a while to work out what they like :)

seashell

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
That is really great :D . I discovered that about babies too - some like just like to face outwards. I would never have thought the same about cats either...

·
Registered
26 Posts
:) It's fun learning about the different things our cats like. I have some that are like that, wanting to be held facing out, and then there's Harley who wants to crawl up on my shoulder and lay there. Of course I do have several who refuse to be held at ALL!

·
Registered
917 Posts
cujo likes to be held with his paws propped on my shoulder, so he can be cuddled but still gets to look around.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Velvet *hates* to to held upside down, she absolutely has a fit. But she likes to be held so she can look over my shoulder or supported in kind of a sitting position. Of course, this is only when she wants to be held. :wink:

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Blueberry can be held in any position, as long as he thinks I'm not going to clip his nails. He used to sit on his rump like a human being and lean back on me--with no other support, but now he thinks "NAIL CLIPPERS!!" I have never clipped them too short, but I hold him like that to clip them, and he prefers that I not do that. He has to be held securely for the dreaded nail clipping. Other than that, anything is ok, as long as he is being held. :) I guess I should have called him velcro cat. I'm thinking about having him attached surgically, so he can be happy.

Precious loves to be loved. She jumps down when I drape her over my lap-just to show me it has to be her choice. ( I should have patted my lap, as a proper owner should do, for heavens sake! ) Then she jumps right back up in that very spot, because she likes the petting! I don't dare move, because she gets insulted. (Of course!) I hold Precious the same as Blueberry for nailclipping, but she just looks at me as if to ask why I'm doing such a silly thing! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts