Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's growing like a weed and I was finally able to start teaching her the hand-signal for stop/down so we could eat in peace. I did NOT want to use the squirt bottle, but in fact, it has been a fabulous training tool with her:
She cannot hear it squirt!
I hold my hand palm up and push it towards her face. In my other hand is the squirter set on 'mist'. I give her the signal, if she tries to dodge around it, I reposition my hand and give her the signal again and after a moment when I see she is not responding, I squirt the mister. She cannot see the squirter in my other hand with the first hand so close to her face and when I mist it on her, she shakes her head and immediately jumps down.
She leapt back up and when I gave her the flat-palm signal ... she immediately stopped and jumped down! She's a SMART kitteh!

Here are some pics of her playing.
I have a rectangular wooden bowl that she likes to play IN. She likes making it sliiiiide across the tile floor and hunker down inside of it.
1st pic and 2nd pic were taken several weeks apart, notice how she's grown:

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Louie *loves* the denim 'string' and wanted to play with it. Notice how he pretends indifference and then moves in when Jingle Belle gets distracted:

In the deliciously warm clothes dryer.
No dangers of accidentally 'drying' a cat. I have to lift them up/down and I *always* check the machines before I start them.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
She's lovely! Muffs also loves to sit on the warm clothes in the dryer. I always make sure I can see both my cats outside of the washer/dryer before turning them on!

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Someone will be very lucky to have her as their kitty one day!
Unless our vet speaks up ... that "someone" is us. :wink

How are her neuro issues?
They've leveled off and stabilized. It appears the 30dys of ClinDrops stopped whatever infection she had going on.

The remaining indications are her deafness, of course and a reduced gag and swallow reflex, so she eats slower than the other kitties and is slightly smaller than her siblings.

She tends to run around with her head held out level with her back and slightly tilted to see 'up' instead of lifting her head/neck up to see, though she *can* lift her head/neck, she just doesn't do it very often.

If she gets excited or frightened, she will turn the 360 several times before she gets herself turned in the direction she wanted to go.

She is slightly uncoordinated; she cannot take big leaps up or down and when we pick her up and set her down, we need to set her fully on the floor and make sure all four feet are supporting her before we let go of her.

That last one is sort of puzzling but it is a left-over of her neuro issues. When you lift her up, she hangs her head straight down. Not *looking* down, she hangs it down and the manner in which she does so, it makes her eyes focus about 1-2 feet *behind* where you'd be setting her down, like instead of seeing where she's *going*, she's watching *your feet* instead ... so if you tried to 'pour' her out of your hands ... she'd land on her HEAD. :? This is why we make sure we set her fully on the floor before we release her. She just won't look up to see where she needs to land.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Oh then you are the lucky ones :) I'll admit it I'm a little jealous, she seems like so much fun and is so cute. What a doll.

She too is lucky to have found an extremely special and wonderful family to call her own. No cat could ask for a better mommy!

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been watching her 'play' with the Big Cats. She fights dirty! She leaps on them and bites them to make them move. And then they MOVE! They don't realize what a monster they are creating; she's going to be the new alpha kitty when she's full grown.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you. She is pretty, isn't she? I love how brilliantly she shines in the sunlight with multi-colored highlights on her hairshafts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts