Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted on the behavior forum, but I never made a proper introduction. Anyway, I've had cats all my life, due to my mom. I don't live with her now, but cats can live long lives. After BamBam died at (believe it or not) 16 years old I thought I'd never have another cat, I'd become a dog person. Then a friend talked me into taking Jinx (he's the one in the picture). He was delivered by a neighbor's cat and lived in bad conditions. I took him at 5 weeks, and when we took him home and bathed him (he was too young for a flea bath so we used cotton swabs with rubbing alcohol directly on visible fleas) he had over 100 fleas on him, plus his eyes, ears and nose were caked with dirt (he'd been living outside). Anyway, the vet gave him 2 deworming treatments on account of him being so swollen with with worms, in addition to the usual shots , neutering, etc.. After the usual vet treatments plus a few others for various things that have worried me, I've spent over $700 on cat vet bills, but I've fallen in love with the little guy. Anyhow, he's 2 1/2 now, and I think he's turned me back into a cat person. Maybe if I ever get him confortable and normal in his new home (see bahavior, "Recently moved") I may get a new cat. But only if he'll be okay with it ... He's my little guy and I only want to do what's best for him ...
Thanx for reading! - Jinx and his mommy Jessica.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I agree with Lori, Jessica - the name is very cute!
I loved to read your story - I am sorry about Bam Bam - may she rest in peace - I know the feeling of not wanting to get another pet after having lost one. But luckily, just like me, you changed your mind. It gives our lives a new, good, positive purpose to take responsability and care for a needy little soul. I am happy you have got Jinx under your protective wing!
He is adorable - hopefully you have more pictures in store for us :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts