Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has to be the hardest thing a parent has to endure. Jett, the son, had Kawasaki's syndrome, which sometimes causes heart problems. What a terrible loss to the family. God bless the parents and may God rest Jett's soul.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=6567882&page=1

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
My husband told me about that this afternoon. At a horse forum I read a link about what happened to their son. What a terrible loss for the Travolta's.

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
That's so sad! :(

I remember thinking what a strange name, but he was named Jett because of his Dad's love of flying.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
I wasn't aware Jett had so many, and such serious, health problems. I think I always expected to see him in films, following his parent's footsteps.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
This is such a sad situation. I remember seeing Kelly Preston on Oprah saying that the Kawasaki's Disease came from chemical exposure because she was so worried about germs when he was a baby that she had the staff clean and clean his room. I don't know if that is the true reason for the disease, but what a horrible thing to have on your conscience.

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
This is definitely an awful thing, but I have to question how/whether their belief in Scientology may have impacted Jett's medical treatment.

·
Banned
439 Posts
I always laugh when TV people say any mysterious illness
must be due to "toxins" or "electromagnetic fields".
it reminds me of how before the age of enlightenment
people blamed every disease on "humors" and "spirits".
it's ironic how all these "toxins" are around us now,
while human life expectancy is still at it's peek.

A man who parks a 747 in his driveway, and decorates
his house with airline memorabilia, certainly does not
believe "toxins" were harmful to his children, and he's
rich and intelligent enough to know if any were.

Scientology avoid Psychology, not modern medicine.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
This is such a sad thing, :( and I really feel for the parents. I had to wonder also if the Scientology beliefs played a roll in any way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts