Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

My roommates and I have a 2yr old Russian Blue female. It's not really anyone's cat. They got her from a friend while I was not living at the apartment for a while and since then the cat and I have gotten very close. I recently broke my foot and the cat was by my side for everything. There was always one problem, it would NOT stop urinating...EVERYWHERE on EVERYTHING. We felt like we had no choice but to give it away.

We gave it to our friend but a week later decided that we missed it too much and we took it back. We took the lid off the litter box (we had tried EVERYTHING but that for some reason) and it worked like a charm. BUT the cat has not been the same since she got back. All she does is sleep, stretch, eat and poop. She used to be very very vocal especially to me when I got home. She would follow me into the bathroom and cuddle with me in bed. Now, she'll sleep at the end of the bed and when I pet her, she wont even rub/mark me. She used to just follow me around rubbing my legs back and forth endlessly. I miss my cat...we're so sorry that we gave it away for 7 days but will she ever get over it?!

·
Registered
3 Posts
She sounds like my cat but my cat is one I rescued and she's getting used to me I guess.

I think you will need more time to build up the trust with her again. Just give her time and treat her affectionately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts