Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed (while she was yawning) that Julia is missing her lower right canine tooth. I asked her previous owner about it and he said it's been that way for a couple months, and he has no idea what happened to it. He thinks maybe she accidentally got hit with a door or something possibly? He can't think of another explanation. Anyway - so far it hasn't affected her.

But should it be something I should worry about? Will she be able to eat properly?

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Bean, have you looked in the rest of her mouth? How much tartar build up is there? It may have been a cavity and the root may still be in there. The root may even be infected and have to be removed. Has Julia seen a vet recently?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check her teeth tonight. It didn't look like there was much build up. Luckily she doesn't mind being handled around the mouth as much as Moby.

She's been eating normally though. Although I have noticed she throws up every once and a while (usually due to hairballs - she's always been that way though).

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Many cats will eat normally despite a cavity. My cat Levi had 5 cavities last time and he was still scarfing the food down. I'm just concerned because I know that they are quite painful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts