Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Dunga jumps from somewhere down to the floor (or other surface) she makes strange sound. It's coming from her body rather than mouth. Is it normal? I haven't noticed it on Yoda. The truth is Dunga sometimes jumps from high places and maybe it hurts her??? Or is it just some kind of reaction? The sound comes up exactly when she touches the surface. I just want to know if she is ok or if there is something wrong with her.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Maybe b/c its a high area, her tummy rumbles? Oh I don't know, Im sorry! I just wanted to say that Sugar jumps from somewhere sometimes and she grumbles with her mouth tho like "grmmmp" hehe :lol:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Kota does the same thing but it is when she jumps from the ground up to something. Its like a loud short purr. Like "Brrrrrrrrrrppp". She's a weirdo. :lol:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for ideas! I just listened carefully today and I heard Yoda doing almost the same thing. :D Probably all the cats do it. :D It's good to know that I don't have to be worried anymore.

I thought it was coming from her belly area but it could be coming from the throat area (like purring) because she doesn't open the mouth but still makes a sound. LOL It's funny!

As jonsgirl said..something like "brrrrrp" LOL

·
Registered
237 Posts
my male kitten tyson makes a funny sound when he's hopping around and just trotting. sometimes after a jump as well... i describe it as his fozzie bear noise b/c it kinda resembles a kitty internal version of "wakka wakka wakka"!

i think it's absolutely adorable.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Sugar makes that noise every night as she jumps up to her bed. I noticed my male cat Twinkie doesn't make that sound so maybe its a girl thing mostly. :lol:

·
Registered
465 Posts
My Clover makes the "brrrp" sound too when jumping up on the table, counters, etc.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have two males. One is more vocal than the other when he jumps, up or down. Coco is just a naturally jumping fool, he doesn't make much noise when he jumps, occasionally on landing after a big jump he dous the brrrrrp. Now Wittle on the other hand, he talks when jumping up or down. The brrrrp each time. I think he is encouraging himself when he does this on jumping up. He lands a lot heavier than Coco too, and I think it is more of a "shake it off" when he lands instead of a self encouragement.

That sound, in particular, is one of the sounds they make that I just love hearing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts