Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a little rant here. Got soooo annoyed at a workmate today because she asked if I fancied going round to hers tonight for a coffee. Since I was out most of the weekend for various reasons, i anted to spend some time with Cleveland. Didn't like leaving him this weekend for so long on his own. She took the huff and said the infuriating line "Get a life, it's just a cat!" grrr :evil:

She has no idea. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so much more of their kitty.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Heh, I think *I'd* rather spend the evening with Cleveland too. Who wants a friend that's not a cat-person anyway? Hehehe. I'm sure Cleveland appreciated your company more than she would've. *smile*

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
tanyuh said:
Who wants a friend that's not a cat-person anyway? Hehehe.
The problem is when it's family...My mom doesn't really accept, "I can't come to the family reunion for a week...my cats will miss me" as a reasonable excuse. :eek:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
No question: I'd spend time with Cleveland. The girlfriend's free to come over to MY place to have coffee and give kitty scritches.

I'm a little on the extreme side of loving and spoiling my cats, but that's just the way it is. All of my friends (even the ones with kitties) think I'm nuts to be so nuts about my kitties, but all of them are wise enough not to say something stupid to me like "It's just a cat". :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
What does "just" a cat mean, anyway??? Obviously this person has never felt/experienced all the wonderful things that cats have to give :D There's some days I want nothing more than to come home to a good cuddle and game with the mouse...

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I would have been upset by that statement too. I just don't understand people who have no appreciation for animals. :?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Too many people have the "just a cat" attitude and those are the ones that think nothing of abandoning a pet at the first sign of trouble. :x

People like that shouldn't adopt in the first place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts