Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!

My username is Miss Kitty, but I commonly go about as Seasonal or Sea. You can call me whatever you please; I don't mind.

If you are curious about my username, it is actually my cat's name, Miss Kitty. I adopted Miss Kitty from an animal rescue corporation on July 3rd, 2003. I got her as a kitten, and her story is incredibly heartwarming and touching to me.

I had gone to the organization a few months before I adopted Miss Kitty and found a Siamese-mix kitten that I was particularly fond of. I decided that I would think about adopting her for a bit until I was content on the kitten that I wanted to adopt. Within the week, though, the kitten became incredibly sick and was taken into veterinary care immediately. About a month or so later, I went back because I had heard about the numerous unwanted kittens that were currently being housed there. They were running out of room for the kittens because they were leftovers from the "kitten season" flood that many pet stores and adoption agencies face. Fortunately, they were a no-kill shelter, but they had no room for more pets. I had my heart set on a tiny tortoiseshell kitten, and I really liked her. I had them put her on hold until the next day because I had to kitten-proof the house and ready it for the arrival of a new kitty.

The third time that I went back - a day after I saw the tortie - my mom was looking at a litter of beautiful, long-haired white kittens while I was waiting for an employee to talk to about the cat that I had planned on getting. While waiting, I went over to see the white kittens. I noticed that my shoe was untied, so I bent down to tie it. Two cages down and one to the right; that was where she sat. Two silver tabbies to her left, two orange tabbies to her right, a tiny dilute tortoiseshell kitten sat and mewed at me. As if she weren't perfect enough, she clambered over her littermates to greet me at the bars of the cage. I'd say that it was love at first sight. I played with her and decided that she was the one that I wanted.

Now, my kitty is seven years of age and I love her to death. She is better behaved than my dog, honestly. I love her to death and wouldn't exchange her for the world. She comes when called, and she loves everybody. She's very special to me indeed.

Well, I hope to make some new friends soon!

·
Super Moderator
26,496 Posts
Welcome!

Looking forward to pictures of Miss Kitty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank-you, marie73! :) I will definitely be making a topic about her.

Have the rules of the forum been changed? I have three approved posts, but I cannot post on the main forum.

·
Super Moderator
26,496 Posts
Try hitting F5 to refresh your settings. If that doesn't work, log off, then log back on again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts