Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often wonder why people pick their user names. Some are obvious but some are a mystery. The "katlover"part of mine is obvious. The "13" is because both of my sons were born on the 13th of the month and my mother also was born on the 13th.
Would anyone else care to share how they came up with their user names?

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
'Melysion' is welsh for sweet. Not that I'm suggesting I am 'sweet' but a Welsh friend of mine obviously thought I was - hence the nickname. ;) I use it for pretty much everything on the internet - and its such a unique username.

I used to use 'Ffenics' quite a lot - thats Welsh for Phoenix but I have come across other people using that one so changed to Melysion.

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
Doodlebug is a nickname I use for Maggie.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
My older brother named me Leazie Weazie when I was little, and it was shortened to Leazie somewhere along the line. It just stuck.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Username from several horse forums. Q is my horse. Her name is Querida (Spanish for 'darling') but it is easier to just call her "Q".
I've also used 78SilvAnniv (I have a 1978 Silver Anniversary Corvette) and Hoof Hearted for a quirky website I belong to. (say Hoof Hearted out loud)

·
Registered
709 Posts
I use Muzby because a while back, my old roomie and I got two kittens. While looking for a name for the one I was to name, I stumbled upon "Muzby".. meaning "Muzby crazy to get another animal!/have so many animals!"

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use 'mel' for a lot of things as these are my initials. But, the first forum I joined already had a Mel. So, I added 2mdl since mdl is both my husband's and son's initials. So - mel2mdl.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
When I joined, Mom of 3 was already taken, so I counted the number of dogs and cats - 4. It's outdated as I have now had 5.

My location is bit more interesting. Years ago, there was a movie called "Baja Oklahoma," in referrence to Texas. It made me laugh at the time and now that I actually live here, I still refer to this place as "Baja Oklahoma." And I wish that I was back home - the City - which is 200 miles north of here.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
It's not so true anymore, but I used to be a very quiet person. Sometimes I'd go days without saying anything to anyone. That's where Quiet comes from. Trinity is for the Trinity Alps Wilderness, where my heart stays :)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Pookie was my very first cat that I lost and grieve for him still. "769" is just the first 3 numbers of my telephone #. My nephew gave the geeks this user name at Best Buy when I first got my computer.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts