Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my AC working! SOMEHOW, dust and yecchy stuff had gotten past the filter,and made it's way to the...fan?...motor?...WHIRLY THING!,and I cleaned it out with an old toothbrush! Now it's running cool,mon! Good thing,too,it's expected to hit 100 today!

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Excellent! The way things are going, that might be the difference between life and . . . miserable life. It's going to be 101 here today and 104 tomorrow. We didn't lose power with that big storm on Friday, so I just stay inside and watch Wimbledon.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yay! Good job :)

Thankfully it's not so hot here, 30 today (86F). Still hot for us northern folk but I'll take +30 over -30 any day of the week. Although -30 is easier to dress for lol.

·
Banned
605 Posts
I dont know what I'd do without one. My daughter doesnt have one in the mane house though. Just a window conditioner in the bedroom. She has a big 2 story house though and it stays ok. Good thing, 107 here yesterday and the day before. She knows she can come stay with me anytime though.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Glad to hear it's fixed! You could be on one of hose trashy DIY shows. "Just get the...gunk, out of the whirly thing. Simple!" lol

It seems like nobody in my city has AC, I've never had it any of the 6 places we've lived in here. Usually our apartment isn't so bad, but it's been brutal the last week or so. Temps are 30 and up (that's enough to roast a canadian, btw), and the construction on both outside walls of our corner suite, so we can't open the windows/balcony for a crossbreeze. aaaaagggggh.

I've been putting ice in my wine. Classy, I know.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that it's down in the cool 80s,I'm back to circulating the air with my fan! Hey,Oc,is it still in the hundreds in Maryland? I had some friends who went down there with their uncle for vacation. They went sunbathing on the beach and came back SO TANNED,when their mom saw them she almost took them to the E.R.!

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Yeah, we just finished a 4-day stretch with temperatures over 100 each day. That, together with so many people losing power because of the hurricane-like storm we had last week, made for some reeeaalllly awful conditions for a lot of people. Fortunately we kept our power.

I actually don't envy your relatives being down here one bit, beach or not!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts