Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our poor Shye hasn't been herself lately. On Father's Day she hurt her paw. She didn't like that we took her to an emergency vet who said that she just hyperextended her paw. After a few weeks we took her to her reg. vet to find out that she broke a toe in two spots!

Anyway, it's been a while, she seemed to be doing much better. . . Then today my husband saw her pee on our livingroom sofa! I pulled back the cushions and found that she not only peed this time but there was a dry stain on the other side from a previous instance. She has never done this before. Since we got her two years ago she has been using her litterbox. What could it be? :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
maybe she's mad at you... Although she doesn't understand it was in her best interest, she probally didn't like going to the vet office, then coming home NOT FIXED.... it's like when you're sick all you want is TLC!!! and she didn't get that from you so now she mad??? Could be a possibility.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Did either vet do a urinalysis? If not, you should head back and have one done. The most common reason for inappropriate urination is a urinary tract infection.

I'm not sure if you can use an enzyme cleaner on leather. Head to your local petstore and check the bottles to see if they can be used on it. If they don't say, buy a small container and use it in a spot you won't normally see. You'll need to get the smell of urine out of the leather in order to keep her from going to that spot again.

Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We give her as much TLC as possible. My husband even stayed home from work today to keep an eye on her. He took her to the vet. They didn't "feel" anything and couldn't get any urine out of her to check for UTI. They said for us to replace her potty with glass beads, collect the urine and bring it in. We'll try to do that.

I cleaned the sofa with Resolve then followed it up with Nature Enzyme stuff. I'm hoping that will do it but I found her sniffing at it this afternoon. :(

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
You'll need to keep her away from it until it's completely dry and that could take up to two weeks. I hope her urinalysis comes back ok. Please let us know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kitty is better!

It took three months by Shye is a lot better and almost old self again. Guess the antibotics worked. We're so happy she is no longer peeing on the sofa and plant. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts