Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your area, what is the cost for neutering and vaccinations?

I have to get Scooter Bug neutered soon probably will be in April or May. :D I asked the lady at the vet's office how much it would cost...
$40 for the neuter and $30 for the vaccinations.
And I should have a minimal drop off fee and that's it. Under $100. I'm having my vet neuter him then taking him to neuter scooter or one of the other "cheaper" clinics.

Since he's my baby and we are soooo close, after all I did raise the brat from about 2ish weeks old...I would feel more comfortable with my vet doing the procedure then some vet that I dont know. And Im going to be a nervous wreck that day anyways...again, b/c we are so close. If we weren't it wouldn't be so bad. lol :roll:

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
That sounds like just a price for the surgery...no pre-anesthetic blood work, no pain meds etc. You might want to ask a few more questions so you don't get surprised.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Wow...that's a really good price. My vet charges $110 for a neuter and $65 for the shots. Pre-anesthetic blood work is another $65 and microchipping $35. A spay is $155. He's one of the better priced ones in the area as he has his clinic beside his home and isn't part of a conglomeration. I wish prices were better so I could get more of the ferals and strays neutered sooner.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
We have an organization in Madison that neuters males for $15 dollars and females for $30. It's free if you meet certain requirements (for example, being a student- great for me!). You can buy a rabies shot for $10, a distemper for $5, a microchip for $10, FIV/FeLV testing for $5 a pop, and extra pain meds cost $10.

Don't stress too much about him. For males, the procedure is very simple, quick, and non-invasive. Compared to females, they don't have to go through any muscle or layers of body wall- just through one layer of skin in his little sac area XD I participate in feral spay days at my school, and typically males don't even get a heavy amount of injected anesthesia. Just a bit of gas, and in about 5 minutes the procedure is over! Many cats don't even notice.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you get the "discounted" price then it's around 75$ for spay/neuter here, but they have a ton of organizations that'll do it for free/cheaper. As far as shots, first round is about 45-100$ (including check up and also depending if you get extra bloodwork/ect).

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
A few years ago we had a facility open up that only offers spay/neuter/vaccinations at a low cost.
We had Floofy neutered, rabies, FIV/FeLV vaccinated for $63.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RachandNito said:
We have an organization in Madison that neuters males for $15 dollars and females for $30. It's free if you meet certain requirements (for example, being a student- great for me!). You can buy a rabies shot for $10, a distemper for $5, a microchip for $10, FIV/FeLV testing for $5 a pop, and extra pain meds cost $10.

Don't stress too much about him. For males, the procedure is very simple, quick, and non-invasive. Compared to females, they don't have to go through any muscle or layers of body wall- just through one layer of skin in his little sac area XD I participate in feral spay days at my school, and typically males don't even get a heavy amount of injected anesthesia. Just a bit of gas, and in about 5 minutes the procedure is over! Many cats don't even notice.
I have seen cats get spayed and neutered before. :wink: He's my baby and I'll be nervous until he's back home where he belongs and all healed up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts