Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO feeding Macy the raw diet has been such a great move. She's doing very well on it but I have noticed that if I give her beef she breaks out in sores....however, the beef liver/kidney/heart doesn't cause her issues....why is it that the organs dont cause issues but the other meat does?

When we were mixing up different meats I knew there was one of them that she couldn't have, finally figured it out...all along I thought it was the pork but we have determinded its the beef.
She loves her chicken, deer, and pork.

Next year I'll have goat meat for her since I raise goats...will be raising one to butcher. :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
952 Posts
SO feeding Macy the raw diet has been such a great move. She's doing very well on it but I have noticed that if I give her beef she breaks out in sores....however, the beef liver/kidney/heart doesn't cause her issues....why is it that the organs dont cause issues but the other meat does?

When we were mixing up different meats I knew there was one of them that she couldn't have, finally figured it out...all along I thought it was the pork but we have determinded its the beef.
She loves her chicken, deer, and pork.

Next year I'll have goat meat for her since I raise goats...will be raising one to butcher. :)

Thanks in advance!
Perhaps the allergens she reacts to are concentrated in the muscle and fat areas of the cows? Liver, kidney and heart tissues are all specialized parts of the bodies, it makes sense that their composition would be different than that of the regular muscles.

Soooo glad you identified the problem product! (It's just awful when a cat is having food issues and the problem continues to elude discovery.)

Regards!

AC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts