Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just signed up today and wanted to post some pictures of my little lady, cricket. everybody says she looks like a boy but she's a little girl! she was born june 10, 2008. her mom is a purebred siamese and the dad is an orange tabby. she talks all the time, just like most siamese. she has so much personality and is just the sweetest thing! sorry about the newer picture, it's hard for me to remember to turn off the flash because of her eyes!

this is baby cricket, when i got her at 8 weeks..

and now, a little more recent..

i'll try to get better pictures of her posted, that last one doesn't do her justice. she has some unique markings!

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
She IS beautiful, and she IS unique!
She is a Siamese Tortoiseshell Tabby! In plainer terms: a calico meezer.
I think she is adorable looking; I have always loved the half/half faces of torties. Um...if Cricket comes up missing... Don't look at my house. She won't be here.
*stuffs box where I plan to hide Cricket in my closet*
*puts on my "innocent" face*
*Smile. Smile! I always forget to smile.*
:mrgreen: See how innocent and harmless I am?

Welcome to Cat Forum!
heidi

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
What an adorable little girl! :luv

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! this little forum is quite interesting. i love reading about everyone's kitties.

haha heidi, i'll be sure to keep an eye on her! although she probably wouldn't mind, she's comfortable with everyone and is actually quite a people kitty! as soon as i make the mistake of shifting my weight in the morning, she's awake and purring on my chest!

yeah, i think the line on her nose is neat! it's a perfectly straight line, and she has a perfect little line on the back of her right hind foot, what a crazy girl. she also has one black ear and one orange ear!

i've been looking up pictures of what color she might be, do you think she's chocolate or seal point?

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
lilmssmc said:
i've been looking up pictures of what color she might be, do you think she's chocolate or seal point?
Hm. It is hard for me to tell. Please box her up and send her to me so I can examine her thoroughly. Oh, don't thank me! Really, it would be no trouble at all. I am just a kind and taki .... er ... giving (yeah, giving!) person. :wink

Can you post a pic of the backs of her ears? I would love to see her different colored ears. From her pics, I would guess a seal point, but it may be difficult to tell if she has a lot of orange mixed in, too.
h

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Billybobcat said:
Isn't that what the call "tortie point"?
I think you are right. I am not familiar with the meezer descriptions. Tortie Point. Doesn't that just sound beautiful? *sigh* Makes me want a meezer. A tortie point meezer. :wink

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha heidi, i will try and get pictures posted of her ears, it's so odd. her tail is really dark brown or whatever, chocolate or seal, but in certain light there are VERY noticeable stripes, and some striping on her legs. she also has "points" on her hips, they are just as dark as the points on her extremities. crazy kitty.

my camera isn't charged but as soon as it is i'll get some pictures!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yay! finally got some pictures of her unique little markings. such an odd kitty!

and i'm adding in some random pictures of her, she's such a goof. i don't know how many images it'll let me add at a time, so i'll just add five and do another post.

Cricket sleeping with her best friend, Fingers

trying to catch the face on the tv

and flickr is making all of my pics tiny so this one looks like it's bad quality, but she loves to spread out and see how long she can get when she sleeps

cricket with mama

i guess i didn't even get to her markings yet... haha. i'll get them in the next post.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
her crazy ears

her pointed hips

ears again

and her striped tail, you can see the stripes if you look closely

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no! i can't let this thread go all the way down, i want to see what people think of her crazy markings :) gotta give it a boost.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
I LOVE them! She sure has some crazy markings...those ears, that half/half face and her tail is super-crazy. Yes, I could see the stripes, too! Her hips...meezer cats' dark markings are darkest over their coolest parts of their body (bony structures) like the face, legs/feet and tail. I think her hips (at the bony part) are cooler than her warmer muscled/soft organ areas and that could explain the color difference.
She really is unusual. I had a meezer/tabby mix when I was a kid. She passed away at age 21 when I was about 26. I'd love to have another meezer/mix.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Heidi n Q said:
meezer cats' dark markings are darkest over their coolest parts of their body (bony structures) like the face, legs/feet and tail.
Very Interesting! I did not know that! Thanks, Heidi!

Lilmssmc, she is a very pretty cat! I love her uniqueness! (is that a word???)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts