Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a friend tell me that she took her cat in to be neutered..

The vet ended up spaying the cat, and tossing in the neuter for free....
Some cat's just have one of those days...

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
So did the vet mess up and cut into the boy and then neuter for free to make up for it? Or did he have to spay the cat because it was really a girl and he didn't charge for the neuter he was scheduled to do?

·
Registered
672 Posts
awww poor kittie!

I feel bad for it but man that is rather funny in a demented sort of way.

I would defiantly do some googling for a poster or card on how to tell a boy from a girl and give it to the vet as a joke lolol

·
Registered
68 Posts
My uncle took in his female cat to be spayed. After the vet shaved 'her', they discovered that she was a he - already neutered. Long fur, no testes left - easy confusion, I guess. :)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So did the vet mess up and cut into the boy and then neuter for free to make up for it? Or did he have to spay the cat because it was really a girl and he didn't charge for the neuter he was scheduled to do?
lol no.. it had both parts... The cat turned out to be a Hermaphrodite. No accidents there. They had to spay the female parts and neuter the male parts.

Spays are more expensive then neuters so most vets charge for the spay in this case and just neuter the male parts while they are already there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice set up, Botany. LOL. Yep, cats can be hermaphrodites.

Vets apparently aren't always confident sexing little kitties. When I took Cinder in at 1.5 weeks I wasn't sure but thought boy. Vet took a look at the little bitty rear and says he wasn't absolutely sure but female. Now she's bigger and I'm still going with female.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
most likely it was already sterile.. but who wants to chance it? I will have to ask her, but I am sure it was an outdoor barn cat she was talking about.

Yes cats and dogs can be herms. It just not that common.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts