Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we put him down on Dec 23rd after a battle with lymphoma. I finally made it back to the vet hospital tonight to pick up his ashes, I have been putting it off as I knew i would break down as soon as I went back there. His ashes are in a nice wooden box with a flower engraving on top. I put him on my nightstand, where he used to lay and watch me as I slept. They made an ink print of his paw and put it in a card with the following poem

Weep not for me though I am gone;
into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will but not for long,
upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace,
my soul's at rest.
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was blessed;
for all those many years.
There is no pain,
I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts.
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath;
remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death,
but celebrate my life.

I miss him so much :(

·
Registered
159 Posts
He was truly gorgeous.. you must have so many wonderful memories of this handsome fella. Such a thoughtful place for you to let him rest. ♥ Hugs to you ♥

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
So sorry for your loss, I too know the pain of losing a beloved little friend.
Their lives are short compared to our own but their spirit burn bright.

·
Registered
351 Posts
How nice of your vet hospital to add that touch...A very nice poem and thank you for sharing it...And, I am sorry for you loss of such a beautiful cat....take care.

·
Banned
32 Posts
SHAN........I feel your pain..I just lost my Simon April 5 2012!! I also got Simon cremated. I picked him up a week later. His box is also wood w/ a flower engraving on the top! My vet wrote me a letter and it really helped. But at the end of the day I still break down and cry at least 1-2 times a day. Fluff was a very beautiful kitty! I'm hoping it gets easier for you. Hugs and sympathy send your way!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm so sorry about Fluff's passing, what a gorgeous kitty he was. I just lost my cat Beanie on June 19. He passed away at home so we buried him out back under a beautiful tree. I hope that you find peace with his passing in time.

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Its so hard the day you get the ashes back. Its a reminder that Fluff is truly gone. What a handsome kitty he was. I'm so sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts