Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm sorry but that's just sick. I don't understand why that woman made such a big deal of it, when the gesture was obviously one of good nature and intent. So what, she got a little scared, when you realised there were COOKIES at the door, there was obvioulsy no threat to you or your family, relax and enjoy them! Wow. That's really sad.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
You have GOT to be kidding! What a freaking woman. Why on earth would she make such a big deal about it, especially seeing that she was not alone? They already offered to pay her medical bill, sounds like she was just out for more cash. Nasty horrible woman.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
i think the worst part of it isn't that she sued them, but that she WON! I mean really, how thick does a judge have to be to side with her?! Would HE have been scared of two teenage girls dropping free cookies on his porch? And I'm sorry, but to most young people, 10:30 isn't late.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
vanillasugar said:
Would HE have been scared of two teenage girls dropping free cookies on his porch? And I'm sorry, but to most young people, 10:30 isn't late.
What kills me, is she had her 18 year old daughter at home with her! WTH, I suppose her daughter was terrified, too? - 20 Bucks says her own kid hates her after this.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
What a petty petty woman. She is so lame, and you know she was only out for more money since she wouldn't just accept the medical bills. What the heck kind of judge rules this in her favor too, he is crazy too :?

·
Registered
505 Posts
i heard about that on the radio. that's really pathetic. here in the US, they've changed the laws so that you have to pay taxes on whatever money you win in court. so lets say you win a lawsuit for 1 million, you automatically pay the court half, 500,000, then you pay lawyer fees of about 400,000, which leaves you about 100,000, which seriously decreases the effectiveness of frivolous lawsuits.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
What a witch! They give her cookies and she sues them... for a stupid anxiety attack that she caused herself?

What really gets me is: Oh, well they should've known better... they could've been hurt. Attitude that makes me wanna scream! She doesn't give a c*** about them... she just wanted the money!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
There have been follow-ups to this:

1) Donations have surpassed the amount of the fees. "The families say the girls' court costs are covered, but people who still want to donate can designate that the money be used for the girls' college funds or for the "Never Forgotten" scholarship fund for Columbine students."

2) The father of one of the girls has filed a restraining order against the husband of Mrs. Young. It seems Mr. Young has been calling and harassing him. Since the story hit news stands: Wanita Young said, "This has turned into quite a fiasco. It's something that never should have happened, and it's just devastating. My phone hasn't stopped ringing. My life has been threatened, and I'll probably have to move out of town."

I don't find it appropriate IF her life had been threatened, but the fact that 99.999% of the people who have heard this story disagree with her actions shows what poor judgement SHE used. *sigh* I only hope I can raise my future children to be half the women those two girls are.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What a petty, sad woman. What kind of a loser must you be to hae nothing else in life to focus on than to make two sweet girls miserable and sad?

I ought to sue that lady right now for pi$$ing me off and causing me "anguish and stress", That lady is obviously not right in the head.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If that's all it takes for her to get an anxiety attack I wonder who else she has sued or is going to sue next time. "I heard footsteps on my porch and suffered an attack. I'm sueing the postal service for that one." :x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts