Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally used up the old littler and have switched to World's Best. I was happy with it at first, but just got the worst surprise when I was cleaning the box out a few minutes ago.

this is going to sound really disgusting, but I'm at a complete loss. As I was scooping the waste into the toilet, this overwhelming odor took over the bathroom. The only way I can think to describe it is old, rotten, moldy cheese. I know its gross, I was gagging and almost lost it a couple of times.

I don't know if it was the was the litter, or the waste itself, but it was FOUL!

Addison's diet hasn't changed and he hasn't been acting differently, so I'm not too quick to blame anything health related. I didn't notice it the first time I cleaned the box last night, but I'm not sure if there was any poo or not, I don't really remember.

If ANYONE has any idea about this, please inform me!! If I'm going to have to put up with this smell every time I clean the box, the rest of the litter is going straight into the trash.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Are you using the "extra strength" or regular stuff? Extra strength is kind of a beige, regular is yellow.

Just wondering. Most natural cat litters have their own smell, and sometimes I guess the smell can combine with other smells to create super stink monsters. I haven't noticed much of a difference so far, but it does smell different in some cases than it did with swheat scoop or arm & hammer.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure I'm just using the regular.

·
Registered
237 Posts
world's best original formula isn't too great with odor control -- i've had to mix it with soem arm & hammer litter or deodorizer at times. the extra strength one for multiple cats seems to do a better job with odor control.

·
Registered
29 Posts
brite said:
world's best original formula isn't too great with odor control -- i've had to mix it with soem arm & hammer litter or deodorizer at times. the extra strength one for multiple cats seems to do a better job with odor control.
I use world's best. It's the best I've used so far but I also use arm & hammer deodorizer with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts