Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been 7 or 8 years old? Lifetime hepa filter that doesn't need to be replaced? "Just wash it", that's what the sales person told us whenever we enquired about replacing it, and I wasn't convinced. From the sound of the machine, it does seem to be losing its power especially so after our renovation contractor used it to pick up wood debris, they loved it.

I finally found a replacement filter in UK, but I doubt if it is original when it finally arrived. Anyway, I replaced the filter, and OMG! the power is back, as good as new!

Don't throw out your old Dyson when it loses power, even with regular washing of the filter and all the crap about lifetime filter, it can never perform as well as a new filter even if it isn't original.

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
It was exactly the same thing with my Hoover Elite canister! It's a bagless with a hepa filter that can be washed. I did. I brushed out the dust and washed it really well, over and over. Finally I felt it was just time to replace the filter and BOY OH BOY, the power head carpet cleaner sucks right into the carpet now!! I have to actually DRAG it over the carpet now. It's a super sucker and I love it!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts