Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kitty, Leo, is male, neutered, weighs about 18 pounds and is about 16 years old. Several years ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and has since been receiving 2 units of insulin 2x per day.

He has recently begun having diarrhea. I have been giving him kaolin pectin for cats and dogs and he seemed to be doing well with it but when I would try to take him off of it, the diarrhea returned. I then took him to our vet who did extensive blood work and everything looked outstanding except that Leo has the very tiniest beginnings of kidney failure...nothing to warrant concern at this time. Our vet told me I could continue to give Leo the kaolin pectin and that there would be no adverse effects.

Recently Leo has begun having diarrhea again, so I increased his dosage (I was only giving him about 5 ml of it prior.) This morning he has pooped 3 times, and all 3 times were pudding consistency. I'm going to be making a return appointment with our vet, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what this could be.

Throughout all of this, Leo has had a great appetite and drinks water as normal.

Thank you in advance to all who take the time to read and respond!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts