Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, if you all remember Macy, she's the cat that has really bad food allergies...the one that was doing so well on the one kind of Natural Balance food until they quit making it....well we switched her to the raw diet and she was doing well on it....but I decided to try one of the new formulas of the Natural Balance and so far, so good....no breakouts on her skin. And it's been more then 24hrs and normally if we find something she's allergic to, those sores show up in 24hrs.

I sure hope she does well on this food. It's such a pain having to deal with the raw food since I'm working. Having to keep the cats separated so she doesn't get their food has become quite ridiculous...especially since that darn cat can open my bedroom door....She certainly isn't stupid. lol I've had to lock her in the bathroom so she could eat and the other two cats could eat. And trying to deal with work and everything else I need a food all 3 can eat...so lets hope this one works! If not, I got another kind of food from NB to try... :) But after those two.....then I wont have any other NB food to try w/ her... *sighs* And pretty much anything else will cause her to have the sores...

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Have you tried the canned EVO 95% formulas? Mow has chicken/grain allergies and he's done really well on EVO.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Are you feeding wet or dry Natural Balance? The one NB dry that I know they quit making was the venison. I'm a big NB canned fan. Franklin has food issues related to his IBD. He doesn't do well with anything containing chicken. He also doesn't handle fish too well. NB makes Limited Ingredient Diet (L.I.D.) Duck & Green Pea and L.I.D. Venison & Green Pea canned. They are formulated to eliminate most allergens from diets. He does very nicely on either of these. Franny has no food issues but seems to enjoy both the duck and the venison and is thriving. On the dry front, I was feeding a prescription diet, Royal Canin Gastrointestinal HE. It is formulated to be highly digestible for cats with intestinal/allergy issues. It is very high calorie, and Franny loved it. A bit too much, as she started to plump up. I've since switched to Royal Canin Adult Indoor 27. It's a lot cheaper, has 30% fewer calories and they both eat it. Submitted FYI.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Not that I'm trying to convince you, but just FYI. I also work and I found raw to be pretty easy once you develop a routine. I usually butcher up a week's worth on the weekend and stuff it in the freezer in boxes. Then during the week, I get dinner from the freezer to the fridge to defrost. After work, I come home and get it from the fridge to feed my two cats and one dog. They all get the same thing but in slightly different proportions.

Have you tried Nature's variety Instinct or EVO? My cats have no problems with these two.

As for the keeping cats separate, I feed Miu inside her huge dog kennel with the door closed. Jack cannot get in there and I just open the door again when she's done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts