Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem getting one of my cats to stay in the house suddenly. He's been here almost a year and has been really good, but suddenly he's fixated on making the great excape. He's made it out twice and he burns so easily that he always come back with sunburned ears and usually with a battle scar or two from fighting with the other cats around. He is neutered, so that's not the problem. Anytime anyone comes in or out he'll charge them to try to get out, or if the screen door doesn't close tight he'll push it and squeeze how-How can I get him to stay inside where he's safe?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Both Otis and Jazz are completely indoor cats, and actually afraid of the door now. For a while I would go out the door, position a spray bottle peaking in, and then as they made their big break they were both greeted by a spray of water, right at kitty-face level. It took only a week or so before both were afraide of the door - and the bottle. Now I open the door and both run away from it!

Tiger never did become an indoor cat - we had the same problem you did and eventually gave up, but that was 13 years ago. Keeping trying, and good luck!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try that. Skylar is a bit of a spook, which is another reason I'm so worried about him getting outside, but that fact might finally work to my advantage because he already hates the squirt bottle! In the mean time-Anyone know how I can keep this guy's ears and nose from getting burnt? He gets them sunburned from just sitting in the window. We've tried to block the window, but after he destroy a few window blinds, and pushed anything else out of the window(including bubble wrap :p) we gave up and just let him have his window.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've considered it before, but I've always been afraid it would make him sick. All I have around here is the colored stuff, I'll have to go buy some baby sunscreen and see if that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts