Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not very strict with where Cherry can and can't go, but one place I never want her is near Cassie's ashes. Cassie's ashes are on the table beside my bed along with my clock, phone, and other crap that ends up there. I'm afraid she'll knock them off or stand on the box.

She likes to go there while I sleep and I try my best to push her off, but sometimes it's hard and she won't respond to me yelling at her. I'd bring the spray bottle up, but my mom needs it and they get mad if I don't bring it down. And when I push her off she kicks out and tends to knock everything off the table.

Is there a way I can keep her away from that table? She has plenty of other places to climb. And I hope to get a shelf to put Cassie's ashes on soon but knowing my dad it won't happen for a while. I also don't want to move Cassie's ashes any further away than they are now.

·
Registered
600 Posts
To be honest, there is no way to absolutely keep a cat off a table unless you never let the cat into that room. There are things that can help, like Sssscat! and sprays, but there's no way to guarantee that Cassie's ashes will go untouched by Cherry unless you put Cassie's ashes away, like in a closet or drawer or chest. Even with dogs, who are much more trainable than cats, there is no guarantee. Sorry. :(

·
Registered
802 Posts
I know there are strips and special rugs that feel weird on cats paws and keep them away, but I don't know what they are called..

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
I agree with the other posters, it is futile to try and get your cat not to jump on the table. Until you get a wall shelf put up that the cat can't jump to, I suggest you put the ashes in a drawer to be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts