Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my roommate's cats sheds a lot and loves to jump and explore and knock things over. We've had some conversations about possibly finding a way to keep the two cats out of the kitchen completely. David Byrne, the more adventurous of the two, tends to shed where we prepare food, knock over and break glass, etc. My roommate (the owner of the cats) can't keep up with the cleaning, and I'm getting frustrated because I'm having to do an awful lot of it. The last straw was the other night when he urinated on our dishes that were in the sink, marking his territory.

Let me say, as a side note, that while these cats are not mine, and I am frustrated, I really love them. They are great! But I also love to cook and prepare food, and the kitchen is MY territory!

She bought a spray that is supposed to keep them away, something with the smell, but it doesn't work at all. We rent an apartment and there is an opening about the size of a door (but no door)... we can't install anything permanent. Is there some product anyone can suggest? An invisible door?

·
Super Moderator
26,355 Posts
They do make pet gates that look like baby gates. Some are tall enough to keep cats out or you can just put two smaller ones on the doorway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts