Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know cats are nocturnal, but it's driving my fiancee and I nuts. We found out that Cinnamon was already fixed. We keep her up, nothing, try to pet her all evening, nothing works. She meows constantly when we're trying to sleep. We're at the point either two options; 1, we get sedatives from the vet, or 2, we give her away. We can't let her meow because we live in an apartment complex and the last thing the neighbors want to hear is a cat howling. Any suggestions from anyone? :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, play therapy is likely to resolve this issue. Please do anything possible before putting the kitty on sedatives.....one should not lead a drugged life because she wants your love 24/7.. :) Tire the crazy critter out! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks so much for the advice will try that. i really don't want to do anything to the cat, but my fiancee is more frustrated than me. i'll try the play therapy. it's difficult being that both of us are only home for about 4 hours awake before we have to go to bed 5 days a week. when we play with her all day on the weekends, she sleeps about 6 hours straight and that's about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
if you get a laser pointer from the pet or drug store, you can sit on the sofa and let your cat chase the dot all around the room. My kitty's chase it so much they start panting and get so tired out they just fall over where they are.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read that article and it brought up things that we didn't think about. Thank you thank you! We tried to play therapy tonight, but Cinnamon was only responding to me and playing with me. I've encouraged my fiancee to spend more time with the cats, but he doesn't have as much time as I do. Maybe it's because I spend more time with them when I get home (I get home first). I try to spend the first 30 mins to an hour playing with both of them until he gets home.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sleek, does your kitty normally sleep with you on the bed covers, or do you attempt to keep her out of the bedroom?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
both of them sleep with us at various times of the night. we can't really close any doors on them being that our bedroom is open to the living room, and we wouldn't want to. i'm trying to figure out if he needs to spend more time with them like i do because they warm up to me faster and always come when i call, but not him. i think he wants to do some play therapy, but it's harder when cinnamon doesn't respond to him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts