Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for posting the site. I also registered.
I didn't notice anything on this site, but I have been thinking lately about bull fighting. There have been pictures and articles in the local paper about the annual "bull run" or whatever they call it. What a disgusting sport!! :evil: I find it very difficult to feel any sympathy for those people who are injured by being gored or strampled. They have a choice, the poor animals don't. I wouldn't even go into the actual bull fighting. :cry: Awful excuse for a sport.
Just my opinion. 8)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I second that. I feel the same way about rodeos. When I see them on teevee, I root for the bull and hope that some jerk's head gets crushed by it - maybe they will learn a lesson...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Those are not sports. We all know language is a convention and we can call anything all we want but the bottom line is that it is barbaric to watch killings of the bulls in the arena or horrific scenes of dogs fighting. I can not understand how people get ACTUAL ENTERTAINMENT out of that. I know we are all different but things like that are way out of line

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lori said:
Excellent! Thanks for posting the site. I also registered.
I didn't notice anything on this site, but I have been thinking lately about bull fighting. There have been pictures and articles in the local paper about the annual "bull run" or whatever they call it. What a disgusting sport!! :evil: I find it very difficult to feel any sympathy for those people who are injured by being gored or strampled. They have a choice, the poor animals don't. I wouldn't even go into the actual bull fighting. :cry: Awful excuse for a sport.
Just my opinion. 8)
Hi Lori,

I feel the same as you. If you have any stories or links to stories on the net, please contribute them to the site and help get the subject raised a little more.

TIA,
Chris
Webmaster of KOF.net

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are other ways to get your enjoyment. The difference between betting on a football match and betting on a bullfight, or a greyhound race is that no footballers die after the match. Bulls and greyhounds do.

I actually will NOT travel to or through Spain because they refuse to ban the 'traditions' of bullfighting, dog fighting and goat throwing - yes, goat throwing.

Like I said, if anyone has any stories they know of, please send me the links.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Well, Warning Signs, when I was younger some boys that were my age were having a lot of fun making dogs fight and there were no money nor bets involved ..just to see them fight. I can still hear their voices in my head "yeah , get him, knock him d..". I agree that bets and money are huge motivations also. Those individulas enjoy the whole package

·
Registered
58 Posts
I HATE bull fights!!!!!! I did a paper on them when I was in like 8th grade and with my research and the things I learned, I was sooo upset.
They shave the bull's horns so that they lose their sense of direction, they rub vaseline in their eyes to distort their vision, they shove cotton wool in their nostrils so they can't smell. They should put vaseline and cotton wool in the human's too to make it even!!! And they say that if the bull wins it will be "treated like a king" but the bull never wins because if it injures the bull fighter, then a new bull fighter replaces the injured one.
Sigh I have a lot to say about this topic but I'll shut up...hehe

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
On the contrary, Kate I am really glad you posted the details..I had no clue - and still - I thought it was not right at all. I am really saddened to find out that, like it is, it is an authorized deal. What a shame! I am sure though that not all the Spanish people are agreeing to this

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Like Warning Signs was saying ,Chris, money talks. This is one of the things that probably gives their economy a big boost ..it is alright to want for your country to do good...but not at all at such a cost

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know :( There was a story recently about a hunstman who allegedly (I have to put that in so I don't get sued) attacked two hunt saboteurs. There was video evidence and the two hunt sabs were taken to hospital by ambulance. Now, how much more evidence does a judge need to find someone guilty? He let this huntsman off, not guilty.

Find out more on my site. Here's a direct link to that story. There are pictures taken from the video too.

Make up your own minds.

Why did I post this? Erm, yes, I think the judge probably either got paid off, or has a vested interest in hunting, hence his unwillingness to punish someone he admires. Money talks.

It has taken 6 years for our Labour government to ban fox hunting (and it's still not gone through all stages of government yet). This was one of their election pledges back in 1997. Who here thinks they were paid off???

·
Registered
12 Posts
warning signs said:
i didnt know greyhounds die. i thought once they get old they put them up for adoption. im against killing for pleasure too but its been in some cultures for many many years
Here's a link to Greyhound Aciton's site. Download the second of the two posters (PDF file, small) and see for yourself what happens to the greyhounds when they get too old. Now you can understand why so many people are against it, and why I started a website to highlight things like this.

I love cats. I think they're wonderful creatures. They have their own personalities and traits, and if I ever find a story of cruelty to cats in any way like that which happens to greyhounds etc., rest assured I'll mention it here. (Cats are already used in unreliable experiments and it needs to stop.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh God no. I know you aren't trying to start an argument. I'm just saying, go take a look at the poster I put a link for and you'll see how bad it is. And yes, we have a greyhound rescue service here too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts