Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat Keona has randomly become more affectionate than she normally is. She usually just sleeps in my lap while I watch tv or type, and occasionally 'asks' to be petted by butting her head against my hand.

Last night, though, she came and slept cuddled up next to me, and today she's been asking to be petted a lot more, she's following me everywhere, gets mad when I shut her out of a room (such as the mouse room, where she can't go) and jumps up and puts her paws on me so I'll pick her up and hold her. I'm so confused!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Not sure, and don't want to alarm you, but sometimes excessive attention seeking its a sign they're in pain. If it continues, you might want to get her checked out. Or she's feeling anxious about something. Has anything changed? Or maybe she's just feeling more affectionate about you:luv

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, my bro and some of his friends were living with us until about 2 days ago. She wasn't close to them though, so I don't know how much that would have affected her.

·
Super Moderator
26,659 Posts
My girls go through phases, from I can't live without you right next to me, to the other end of the spectrum: talk to the paw.

·
Super Moderator
26,659 Posts
Oh, I wasn't kidding!! :grin:

·
Registered
716 Posts
According to your other post- she's not spayed yet. SHe is probably in heat. Don't let her sneak outside!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the bit of an absence (did I spell that right? I don't think I did) Anyways, my internets been down.

We're working on getting her spayed, she was dumped because of being pregnant. We had to wait for her milk to dry up from that, now she's getting all her vaccinations, then she'll be spayed. The vet won't just spay an unvaccinated, unhealthy cat. Or at least my vet won't.

She may be in heat, though I think she'd be trying a bit harder to get outside if she was. She really might be glad those guys moved out-she hated them lol :)

·
Banned
2,744 Posts
The vet won't just spay an unvaccinated, unhealthy cat. Or at least my vet won't.
Unhealthy, sure, but I can't see what vaccinations have to do w/ it. ?? Anyway, get it done soon! :)

Oh, wait, I DO see--$$$. The fact is that no vet can or should force you to vaccinate your pets. Vaccination is entirely optional--even rabies (no one is going to hunt you down if you don't do it--it noly becomes an issue if the animal bites someone). Your vet clearly just wants to make more money so he's making up a ridiculous rule.

I would look for another vet. There is no reason to vaccinate an indoor cat annually or even very often (and many of us don't do it at all). Given the risks in vaccinating cats (esp. vaccine-associated sarcoma or VAS), many people choose to avoid it. Vets should respect that decision.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
. . . . My vet is my aunt, if I took Keona anywhere else, I would be, like, disowned or something. We've been taking our animals there since before I was born, and Gypsy and Butters (My mom and bros cat) got their kitten vaccinations, though not the annual ones.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts