Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there actually any kids on CF? I personally haven't seen any myself. ._.; I assumed that this would be a forum that was swarming with little 12-year-olds that like cats.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I don't recall reading any threads from children (perhaps there have been a few along the way that I've missed)...but we're certainly not swarming in 12-year olds.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My guess is that since this forum is mostly tailored towards cat owners, it doesn't really attract a younger crowd, since the kids wouldn't be the ones directly taking care of/paying for the cat(s). Plus kids probably get impatient with the complex joining process, which i find a blessing since it seems to keep spammers and impatient one-time posters out. ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
We occasionally get some kids, they usually don't stick around long. We're probably pretty tame and boring to a teenager and we don't let them get away with bad behavior and stupid posts.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
im 24, so im not sure if that makes me a kid or not :p lol. I still sit at the kids table at family gatherings though, lol.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
im 24, so im not sure if that makes me a kid or not :p lol. I still sit at the kids table at family gatherings though, lol.
Haha and here I am prattling on about a "younger crowd" when yeah, we're actually probably considered pretty young still. I'm 24 also.

When I posted I was thinking of kids as in 13 or 14. I think that's around when I started using the internet.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I had my first child when I was 23!
That reminds me of my mom trying to weird me out all the time by reminding me that she was married at 19 & had me at 21. Several of my friends are married, but only a couple actually have children already.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Mwahaha! My very good grammatical practises make me hard to detect!

:p But my extensive use of emoticons may be a slight give away!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That reminds me of my mom trying to weird me out all the time by reminding me that she was married at 19 & had me at 21. Several of my friends are married, but only a couple actually have children already.
Oh wow! Perhaps I am a late-bloomer, but no way would I be remotely ready to have had kids then. Nor now. I'm hoping my biological clock will just kick in in my late 20s/early 30s or something. So far it's either not active at all, or being placated by caring for cats instead of babies. ;)

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I'm hoping my biological clock will just kick in in my late 20s/early 30s or something.
I'm 38 and every time my biological clock makes any noise at all I go to the mall after school on a Friday. It's a good whack right on the snoozebutton!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Mwahaha! My very good grammatical practises make me hard to detect!

:p But my extensive use of emoticons may be a slight give away!
Hah! Same here. I prefer to not use chatspeak because it sounds so terrible, but I can't stay away from using emotes. ouo d (thumbs up)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts