Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I'm a new kitty mama, so excuse me if this question is elementary.

I am very proud that on Kali's first night here she went right to her litterbox and used it! But it seemed as though her stool was very firm and she was straining a bit--I really don't know because I'm used to dogs! We're going to the vet this week, but I was wondering if she was perhaps constipated and if I should do something about it. Or should I just wait for the vet visit?

By the way, I don't know how old Kali is. She couldn't be too old because she still hasn't gotten her 'sea legs.' :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Is Kali's vet visit already scheduled? She should be ok, however it is always a good idea to ask her vet. I wouls suggest keeping a little tablet and jotting down any questions for her vet.
Also your vet will be able to tell you her age.
:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Your kitty sounds very young. Cats do look like they are concentrating when they are on the box.

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is Kali's vet visit already scheduled?
Yes, she's going to the vet tomorrow.

I think she may be very young as well. The guy who gave her to me is a total flake that I know just casually from my neighborhood. He had no clue as to her age. I was afraid of what might happen to her if I left her with him. She seems to be doing okay, even though she's little. She's very meow-y. She eats well and seems very brave. She's just wonderful!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts