Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in November I was asking for opinions on different stand mixers because I wanted one really bad. Well, my husband wouldn't let me get one.

Then on Valentines Day he told me that when we get some money we're expecting I can get one. So I went to kitchen aid's website and went to their store and noticed that they have a close out section. (http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_list.asp?SKW=KTAOUTSTAND&HDR=outlet)

They're selling Artisan mixers for $199 (reg $299) with no tax (unless you live in CT) and free ground shipping. So of course I ordered one.

The colors are kinda different, but if you can get past that then they're a great deal.

I'm so excited!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow Congratulations -- that's about what I paid for mine at a local store that was going out of business.

A great deal on a great mixer -- I use mine to make waffles and pancakes batter all the time -- whips them up nice and airy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't wait to get mine. I make pizza with a whole wheat crust that I have to make from scratch and I'm really looking forward to having that dough hook.

I'm on Ebay now looking for a cover for it. With all my critters I figure a cover is a good idea. I've found several that a lady makes. She charges between $6-7 and only charges $2.75 to ship. She's got a ton on there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine just sits atop the Fridge next to the cookbooks hehe

I've made cookies in mine as well (first thing I used it for) what a HUGE difference it makes -- I love letting it do all the work.

I want to get the Ice Cream maker attachment for it now

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I mentioned before that Brandon and I got one as an engagement gift from his parents and it really made a HUGE difference while I was making Christmas cookies. Not only was I free to do other preparations during the mixing period, but I was less tired afterwards. :)

We have an Artisan, too. I would have LOVED to get the purple one, but I gotta think of my future hubby. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd originally ordered the Crystal Blue. I pulled up the site to show Aaron what I'd ordered and saw that they'd put another color on closeout that I liked better.

I called them to see if my order had shipped yet and they told me that it hadn't so I asked them if I could change the color. They canceled the old order and did a new one with the color that I wanted. I got the ice color this time.

·
Registered
539 Posts
man I want one!!! Maybe I can convience the hubby that for this anniversary we should get each other one! Believe it or not he uses the hand held mixer as much as I do and having an Artisan would be a blast!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's going to be here on Tuesday!!! Have I mentioned how excited I am?

To make the deal even sweeter, I found a $20 cash back and 1 yr subscription to "Food & Wine" magazine. I don't really care about the magazine. This makes my actual cost $179.00!!! I'm glad my husband made me wait. I don't think I'd have gotten such a good deal if I had gotten it when I wanted it.

So any suggestions on what I should make first??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've made the WW pizza crust but I did it by hand and was not impressed. I hate to knead stuff by hand. That will definitely be one of the first things I make..gotta get some pepperoni first. I'm also going to attempt making bread. I love that it has a dough hook.

Aaron's birthday is on March 3rd so I'm making him a birthday cookie from scratch. I'm also going to decorate it and make the royal icing myself. Mind you, I've NEVER done any of this. I may do a practice one next weekend.

I'll probably wear it out the first week I've got it. I've heard it's great for pancake batter....makes it really light and airy. I've got a great recipe for WW pancakes and I can't wait to try it out in the mixer.

I bet you guys are as sick of hearing about my mixer as my husband is.

Here's my baby:

·
Registered
520 Posts
I use mine for mixing my meatloaf & meatballs. It does a really great job and my hands don't get cold and slimy anymore! (well at least up to the rolling the meatballs part)

I got the slicer attachment and it's great for shredding cheese (for home-made macaroni and cheese) and it doesn't get gummed up with softer cheeses like cheddar (unlike my food processor)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts