Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.
I have a two story house and there is open railing where the kitten could jump/fall through to the first floor which has hard wood floor. Should I be worried about the kitten jumping off? If she accidentally fell from the second floor to the first, would she be injurred? I have heard that cats most of the time land on their feet but I heard that the further the distance of the fall the better because they have time to position themeselves. She will almost be 14 weeks. She is very agile but often clumsy (always falls off the bed) so I am a little worried. She has peered over before but I am not sure if she would actually have the guts to jump. Any advice or personal experiences with similar situations would be greatly appreciated! Thank you everyone!

·
Super Moderator
26,491 Posts
Welcome!

I got one of my cat trees from someone whose cat fell off their second floor balcony and died.

She wouldn't have to jump, she could get caught up in the chase of a fly or something. I've seen my girls run off the end of the bed just like a little cartoon cat, not realizing until it was too late that they ran out of bed under their feet - while chasing a flying bug.

Better to be safe than sorry. Is there any kind of netting or something you could put along the inside of the balcony?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts