Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14 week old kitten (who loves to eat!) and a 2 year old cat. The adult just started eating after a urinary tract infection. He didnt eat for almost a week. With antibiotics he is feeling much better. I guess I have a couple of questions...

The adult HATES wet food. Kitten loves it so that is not a problem. I am trying to figure out how to get my adult to take to it. I have tried mixing it. Doesnt work. That is wh he didnt eat for a week. I only offered him mixed or wet. Any suggestions?

I am also surious about a diet that is urinary tract/ kdney friendly that I can give both the kitten and the adult. Any brand suggestions?

·
Registered
458 Posts
The only diets that are kidney/urinary friendly are ones that contain water and more water. Which is canned food. With less than an hours worth of research you will know why. IMO any dry food brand is bad for the kidneys/urinary tract, any canned food brand is good for the kidneys/urinary tract. If possible holistic canned. Don't forget dry food is pretty tasty, one of the reasons why it's hard to switch.

many people have gone through the same thing you are going through with wet food. Due a search and you should come up with lots of material.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi arr please check out my post I am going thu this EXACT thing right now with grissom.....I would like to keep in touch incase you or I come up with something...Grissom had sugery for his UTI....so now he is not eating...at all....he only wants the dry food.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh my God, I faced the same problem. My 6-year-old cat doesn't want to eat wet food for long time after having therapy. I tried to offer her grilled/baked tuna or basa (a kind of catfish) fillet. It's not a good choice for a long time because of the cost, but some delicious medium fillets of tuna or basa will help the cat be acquainted with the not-very-dry food.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts