Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Heh. I believe it's at least 2 or 3 years, but some cats never grow up. If you mean sexually mature, then it's only 3 or 4 months.

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Well, I don't know about fully mature, but I do know that they can start humping and other fun behaviors at a rather young age.

·
Registered
366 Posts
TWO years??!! Egads! That means we have a whole more year - at least - until Hobochangba acts like an adult!

Related question, at what age generally are cats considered full grown?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
They attain their adult size by about a year; after that they'll fill out a little (but hopefully not too much!), but won't get any taller.

With my kittens, it was almost like someone waved a magic wand at age 2 and said "You are Now Grown Up." (Well, most of them at least; I have one perpetual kitten, age 3, who thinks he's Peter Pan and intends to never grow up!)

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm counting down the months. And hoping that a year from now - my little - ahem, very large - goof ball will have become a little gentleman.

Although, he *is* quite entertaining to watch.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Age 2 is a generalization, of course it does not apply to *every* single cat. (Though a remarkable number of them do seem to turn into adults at 2 on the dot!) Like I said, my Spencer apparently never intends to grow up...he's a little dickens today at 3 years of age just like he was at 3 weeks!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts