Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I just got a sweet, nice kitten after living many years with "my" cat who came into the marriage with me. This cat and I were together 16 years, so I'm a bit rusty on the whole kitten thing:D. Hub is not really a "cat person," so I was very encouraged when he said he was looking forward to having "our" cat. So here she is, she's sweet and playful and very bonded to ME! I work a lot from home, so we've spent more time together than the two of them have. Will she come to love/bond with him equally? Or will she always prefer me?? thanks!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think it just depends on kitty's personality. I've had gregarious cats that were friendly with everyone in the house, and one's who are very close to one person, but "switch" which person they're best friends with every few months (depends who feeds them the most probably, haha.)

However, I think that most cats will always have a "favourite" person. I took in my sister's cat for four years while she was overseas, and we became very close, but when she came back the cat dropped me like a hot potato to go back to his 'mama'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts