Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a big difference between both food or is it big companies way of getting more money out of us. I've noticed Kitten food is a lot more expensive than cat food.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Kitten food is usually higher protein/fat. We don't have the budget for high quality kibble and we can't feed wet food all the time at the shelter I volunteer at so I usually try to feed kitten food to the cats that need to gain weight. It helps some.

Fancy Feast Kitten wet food is actually one of my favorites to feed them. Iams Kitten and Purina One Kitten dry food are also fairly good. I wouldn't feed either of these to my own cat though.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I just wanted to add that if you're already feeding a high quality diet, you don't have to worry about the kitten food. It could be beneficial to cats that need to gain weight though.

The super premium kibble is already very high protein and the high quality wet food is fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of feeding hi-life and natures menu. It's the best I've seen in the pet stores where I live.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts