Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's kitten/cat have a fascination with what happens in the bathroom? Whenever I take a shower, it's like Skeeter worries about what happens to me in there. He sits on the towel rack and meows a few times, then waits for me to get done. Then as soon as he hears the water shut off, he's over on the tub ledge peaking through the curtain doing his little investigation and wants nothing but cuddles and nuzzles for like 5 minutes afterward. When I brush my teeth, he stands on the sink and watches me brush, spit, and rinse...then investigates (and sometimes drinks out of) the sink as soon as I'm done. When we shut the door to the bathroom, his little paws creep underneith it a-la the alien in the pantry out of M. Night Shaymalan's "Signs." :) The shower is what I'm particularly interested in. Does the loud sound of the water make him worry about what's "happening" to us? I wonder... We think it's funny, but we don't want him to worry. :(

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
I saw a great cartoon in "Rose is Rose" about this, but maybe he's wondering why the heck you would spend so much time under running water. Are you crazy? A cat is too smart to do that... :D

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Tierney and Teagan sit and wait for me to get out of the shower.. then while i dry off, Tierney licks my feet.

They also both try to jump in with me when i take a bath..

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Paula Poundstone used to do a joke about using a squirt gun to train her cats, and then getting out of the shower one day to find all four cats lined up outside the shower door, saying: "We tried to save you, but that glass thing was there...man, you must've really screwed up bad!"

Assumpta can't deal with closed doors, and absolutely MUST find out what we're doing in there, but her curiousity stops at the shower curtain. :lol: IIRC, one of AddFran's cats likes to jump in the shower with her (at least I *think* it was AddFran, I could be wrong).

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Gudewife said:
Paula Poundstone used to do a joke about using a squirt gun to train her cats, and then getting out of the shower one day to find all four cats lined up outside the shower door, saying: "We tried to save you, but that glass thing was there...man, you must've really screwed up bad!"
I LOVE Paula Poundstone! :)

My cat will sit right outside the bathroom while I'm in the shower (if nobody is home, I'll leave the door open in case he wants to see what's going on). He usually stays out of the bathroom though. I think he hates it since the one time I had to give him a bath.

·
Registered
697 Posts
My cat Cleveland likes to join me in the shower :D A little yoda looka like when he's done!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Franny has been showering with me for 4 years. She stands outside and cries if I close the door before she can come in. She also likes to lay in the sink.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How funny! I never thought about him making that connection with the shower and the spray bottle! Maybe he does think I'm being punished and is trying to save me! Aww. :wink:

·
Registered
562 Posts
When I brush my teeth, he stands on the sink and watches me brush, spit, and rinse
We have quite a morning ruitine too. My kitty always sits in the bathroom waiting for me to get out of the shower. He then sits on the edge of the sink and watches me brush my teeth, put on make-up, and brush my hair. When I go for my shoes, he knows we're almost done, so he races downstairs to wait for his goodbye treat! :roll:

·
Registered
454 Posts
When Kiwi hears us turn the shower on, she comes running. She insists that she be there, I guess just in case the water dissolves us or we need her to run for help or something. When I finish, there she is staring up with an expression that looks like she's saying "what's the matter with you; are you nuts". After I'm finished she's wrapping around my legs and meowing as if she's so happy that I survived.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stanton sits on the washing machine (opposite the shower) and watches the water run down, then after I get out he jumps in the bath and plays with the remaining water as its going down the drain! Then he runs into the bedroom with wet little paws! :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Lamar goes through different phases. Sometimes he gets very upset when I take a shower. He comes into the bathroom and crys, then he walks around the house howling and crying. When we moved I now have a shower door instead of a curtain. He sat outside banging on the door.

The sometimes it is as if he doesn't care at all. I'll get in the shower and he doesn't even get up and come in there.

The other two could care leass whether I am in the shower or not.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Marsh loves the shower! :p

He also just CANNOT be without me if i'm in the bathroom, he claws and meows to no end trying to get it. So i always take him with me. He just calmly lies down and naps while i'm .. ehem.. busy ;)

But the shower is a different story, he will peek behind the curtain, lie down on the shower stoop, try to get in and smell and always inspect everything when i'm out. He also loves to lie inside the shower stall when it's dry... very peculiar! :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nala will almost always stick her head in while I'm showering and start yelling at me and she keeps on for a few minutes. I'll pet her or talk to her and then she'll stop but she'll wait for me. Jazz won't always come in and peek but he'll wait right outside the bathroom door for me. But as soon as I step out of the shower usually both of them have lots to say. It's so cute!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Zoë has always enjoyed the shower. She sometimes gets in-between the shower curtain and the liner. As soon as the water goes off she in there rolling around in the water that is left! It's so funny. I think she likes to get her feet wet. I've also notice that she dips her feet in the water bowl and then licks them clean. Strange kitty…

1 - 17 of 17 Posts