Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I got home and Maleke had somehow found a piece of styrofoam and he was playing with it. I KNOW the dangers of that stuff because my friend had a kitten that ate a piece of it and died. I took it away from him....but it was only half a piece (I don't know where the other half went). Last night he started licking his lips and almost gagging.....and then he would keep licking his lips as if there was something stuck in his throat. He was fine when he layed down, but when he got up he would do that for a few minutes then stop. He woke me up doing that at 6:30am today and I almost called the vet. However, I heard him get up, go pee, eat and drink....which is his normal routine for 6:30am. Then he came back in bed with me and we went back to sleep. He hasn't done it since.....but does anyone have ANY idea what that was? It was like he had a hair stuck in his throat but he couldn't have cause he kept eating and drinking and the hair would have been washed away. Also, when he was licking his lips his mouth sounded very sticky. I know he didn't have a fever, and he was playing normally too...actually he was really hyper last night! Any ideas????

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
It sounds pretty unusual. I don't know what to say anything but watch the kitty closely and look around for anything that he could try and eat. He seems to have this curiosity and eat stuff :wink: !I am so glad he is alright,Maleke!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts