Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all :) I just got a new kitten a week ago. Hes 10 weeks old, silver shaded persian. I was wondering whats the best food for him. Now hes on science diet for kitten. Should I continue with the food or do you recommend something better??thanks

·
Registered
676 Posts
I hope your enjoying your new kitten! She sounds beautiful got any photos for us?

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond, sooo busy with work, and I now have 4 foster rats I had to pick up from their former "owner". Actually I took them while she wasn't home, and I wonder if she even knows now that I have them earlier then planned. At any rate!!

I wouldnt' bother with Science Diet or iams, or any other commercial foods for the most part. If you decide to change your diet, change it slowly, add a little bit of new food in with the old food, and slowly increase the amount of the new food over the period of at LEAST one week.

Here is a fairly complete list of the foods I recommened, if you find some other food and you want to find out if it's any good, post about it here and I'm sure we'll all help you out!

Welcome to the forum!!

Frist Grade Cat Food:
Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul - Adult, Kitten
Evolve - Kitten, Maintenance
Felidae
Holistic Blend
Natural Balance
Newman's Own Organics - Cat/Kitten
Pinnacle
Solid Gold
Wellness
Innova