Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Jshun,
OK! So you won't win any 'Grooming' contests!:p
However, she will feel sooooo much better, not having any mats pulling on her skin!:D
I forgot to mention, you can use unscented, sensitive, human baby wipes (cheaper than pet ones!) to help clean any areas she can't reach, because of the cone!:)
Sharon

·
Registered
728 Posts
Being a good groomer, while helps, doesn't have much to do with getting out that type of matting. It is a very painful and dangerous process when they get bad.

Painful because the skin in those areas becomes soft and bruised. Shoving a comb between that bruised skin and their hair can't feel good. Dangerous because you can't often see the skin through the chunks of fur/hair and with an unpredictable animal moving around, it is very easy to cut them. I know extremely talented groomers that cut animals because of this. You can't control their movements, and when they are in pain they are going to want to get away from it.

Sure a groomer CAN get it out, but is it worth the pain to your animal? I've seen this up close many many times on dogs, but I imagine cats are the same way. A thickly matted dog, once shaved, is covered in visible bruises.

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
I sat with my groomer when she got some really bad matts out of Cleo and she didn't hurt her at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just took some shots of bella and u can see clearly there is a patch near her ears but apart from that she is tangle free! i feel like when ever i brush bella her fur becomes softer?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Oh Wow! Jsun, Bella is sooooo pretty! Love her fluffy tail!:D
Sharon

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you =P

By the way, does your cat stay still when you brush them? cause bella casually strolls away while brushing and i usually follow her around =/

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
What are you using to groom her with....I find a wide tooth comb works best on Holly (who is way furrier than you beautiful girl). Brushes just don't seem to get down deep enough...so the top of her fur looks fine, but the undercoat is all tangled. The comb will reach right down to the skin. The comb really makes a difference in preventing her from matting.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have a few brushes and combs but main cause of the tangles were the E collar and her spay i didnt brush her often when she was recovering =P now i brush her every day

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.