Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just adopted my 4 month old kitten and he has been sneezing and has a runny nose. the shelter told me that he had had an upper respiratory infection previously, but that it should be all cleared up. i guess its not. is there any immediate danger? i mean do i have to rush to the vet first thing and will this be cleared up? i heard these kind of things may never go away and i dont wany my poor kitten to always have a wheeze. anything i can do in the meantime to make him comfortable? hes warm and such, but i havent seen him eat. i dont think he can smell his food.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
If he is not eating, then he needs to be treated for the infection; please get him to your vet right away. Meantime you can warm up the canned food to make it smell stronger, hopefully he will go for that.

Dr. Jean

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just adopted my second kitten about a week ago and our vet said she had the same thing. But her shots she got last week are supposed to make the infection go away. We started putting her food up on a raised level so she doesnt have to lean down so far to eat and that helps but Im trying to feed her as much as I can with the liquid meds the doctor gave us. But does anyone have any other suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts