Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new kitten a couple weeks ago, she's about 14 weeks old now. I took her to the vet to have her normal first checkup, and the vet said she is healthy.

The issue is, she has random freakouts where she will start running all over the place, meowing like crazy. I don't remember the other two cats I have doing that this much. Is this a sign that she's anxious about something, or do some cats just do this?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of the "kittie krazies" or, as some of the other members call it, "rocket butt" mode. Three of my four kitties do it all the time...and they're not kittens (anymore). Midnight will be 7 years old eleven days, and her sons, Star and Lucky, just turned 6 years old in June. It's especially funny when they attack the "invisible-mousies-who-live-on-the-stairs". We have an open staircase, so no matter where we are in the living room, we can see them. =D

·
Registered
124 Posts
All the cats that I've ever had have had random freakouts when they were kittens and young cats. They've all outgrown it. Enjoy it while it lasts. Keep in mind that when they're in hyper-kitty mode, it's best to stay out of their way and let them cycle out of it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Kitty crazies, indeed! All of my kitties but the new arrival do this. It's really pretty funny when you see a caravan of four kitties racing through the house, intent on catching...NOTHING. I've been tempted to commentate a la Darrell Waltrip, "Boogity, boogity, boogity! Look at 'em go!"

In all seriousness, it's totally normal. Your kitten is just having a great time. :)

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Normal behavior dashing here and there at top speed. The meowing could be that kitty is looking for its littermates or mamacat if you don't have any other cats. It could also be he's just letting you know where she is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts