Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our kitten Antigone doesnt know how to bury her poop in the litter box... and she's capable of producing something really smelly for sucha small cat! Anyways does anyone know what to do or will she just eventually learn to do it herself? (she's ~12 wks)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Antigone is a cool name! At the pet store I work at there is a Bengal that comes in once in a while named Antigua. She's SO beautiful!

And I agree with Aonir on the poop, take her paw and help her out.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
My Mozart did the same when he was a baby. I alternated between gently pushing his paws to help cover, or I would have a scoop handy to cover it while he watched. Lots of quiet praises when he started doing it. He learned very quickly.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Jack, my 8-yr. old still doesn't do a great job burying his 'land mines', but over the years, as my litter box moves further away (in the basement), I don't seem to mind as much.

I've heard that sometimes cats who don't bury their poop are asserting that they are the 'top cat' in the house. Any truth to this?

Lisa :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really? I've never heard that one. If that's true she must be pretty cocky to think that lol since Electra (the 2 yr old) always pins her down when they play fight.

btw what kind of kitty litter does everyone use?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
My Zoee is 9 and she never covers her's up! She did when she was a kitten and then I moved in with a roommate who also had a cat. Ever since then she hasn't covered it up. Maybe there is some truth to the showing who is the top cat :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts