Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My two new 10 week old kittens have been at my house for a week now. Both (litter mates) are being kept in a large cage while no one is at home or can monitor them as I also have an inside dog and older 16yoa cat.

Both are using the litter box, playing and having a good time! But I have caught one of them inappropriately urinating twice. First time (Thu) was after she pooped in the box, then I removed her so I could get the sample for the vet (yes I probably disturbed her) and the second time (Sun) she was just playing in another room. She didn't seem to offer to go back into the the room with her litter box. This isn't the same litter box the older cat is using either. I'm assuming she hasn't done this any where else that I have not visually seen her.

I'm so worried this will become a habit and it really worries me. Both times I've told her NO and took her to the litter box. Since then after about an hour of playing I take them to visit the litter box. Any suggestions or words of wisdom to try and fix this problem? I can't stand the idea of having to get rid of the kitty. Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Kittens at 10 weeks dont always want to stop playing and will pee right where they are. This is not uncommon. I would suggest using Kitten Attract litter by Dr Elsay for now. Ive had good success with this litter encouraging them to properly use their cat box.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
praise and treats for proper litter box use.. this is the age when their mom cat would have been teaching them you don't pee and poop where you sleep and play... also that digging and covering is important..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts