Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Last night my 16-week-old kitten got some cleaner called Pine Clean (it's all natural, no bleach) on her paws. After walking around a bit and walking through her litterbox, she proceeded to clean her paws and I think she might have ingested some.
I'm afraid it might have hurt her. She is smacking her lips and showing a strong interest in food, but refusing to eat or drink apart from a nibble. She's also sleeping a little more than usual. She hasn't vomited, there's no discharge, and her breathing is good.

Last night she ate more dinner than usual and drank a lot of water, so she might just not be hungry yet. She had a normal bowel movement, and has been alert and a little playful whenever she's awake.

But she's not eating. That's what worries me. I can't take her to the vet because they will only take certain cases due to Covid. I called him and he said give her some canned food and water to flush it out and keep an eye on her.

I just wondered if I could get any more advice. Does this seem like something dangerous, or should I just listen to the vet and calm down? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Registered
I would follow your vet's advice by giving her some canned food and water.....try her on some Purina Fancy Feast----those small cans, as most cats find them irresistible.
All the best! Happy Thanksgiving!馃崟馃崡馃グ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I have the canned food coming in a Walmart order in a couple hours. In the meanwhile, she's suddenly started eating her dry food and drinking her water and bounding around like a wild thing, so I guess she's feeling better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts