Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rupert's about 19 weeks old now. He's quite an affectionate cat, and when he's not over-excited he loves to snuggle, sit on laps, and be held. When he does get excited though (which is a LOT, as you can guess, considering his age), he likes to JUMP on me (and not just me, everybody)! I don't think he intends on hurting me in any way, but he jumps up essentially at my waist level and digs his claws in, trying to hold on. He'll hold on for about three or for seconds, and then he jumps off! It's really getting to be a nuisance, and sometimes it can really sting. Has anyone else had this problem? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to stop this without making him afraid to jump up on my lap and doze off in the process?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
My kittens did that when they were little. But I was to used to being scratched to care :lol: They eventually stopped on their own

·
Registered
220 Posts
A couple of my cats did that when they were kittens. Usually, they will stop such behavior when they get a little older. However, if you want to stop them now, I suggest that you use fine mist spray water on them :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts