Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an approximately 4 month old kitten named Bear. I got him from a feral colony when he was about 3 months old. (I say approx/about because I don't actually know when he was born... I'm going by developmental markers) He had a severe infestation of roundworms and protozoa, with relentless diarrhea when I got him, but that cleared up. Now he seems to have a new issue; he randomly makes strange noises that I can only guess are associated with his breathing. At first I thought he was snoring, but sometimes he also makes the noises when awake. The noises are not consistently timed or continuous. Other than the noises, he occasionally coughs (maybe once a day) as if he has a hairball, but nothing comes up, and he also sneezes a couple times a day. The noises seem to be worse at night but that could be my imagination He is teething, but I can't see how that would make him make funny sounds. My vet told me that it's likely that he had a URI as a kitten and this is a lingering affect, or that he has nasal polyps, but I'm not really comforted/satisfied with that answer. I'm not sure he's taking the noises seriously, and as Bear only makes the noises occasionally, he's never made one in the presence of the vet. I've done research all over the internet (which is actually how I found this forum) looking up noises that cats make, but everything I read dealt with cats with labored breathing, loud breathing, and/or continuous noise production. I'm at a loss. He acts fine, is playful, is eating well (Blue Buffalo Wilderness Kitten food, canned, grain free), drinking water, and sleeping what I'd consider a normal amount, but the noises concern me, as he did not make them the first few weeks I had him. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong? Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts