Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I just got 2 kittens 2 days ago. They are orphaned with their eyes closed.

The tiger kitten keeps meowing and won't stop. I've tried feeding, cleaning, bathroom, burping, and different warmth levels. It will stop for a few minutes and then start all over again. Putting it next to its sibling helped the first day, but now it won't! Any ideas of what may be wrong?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it just wont stop. I put my fav stuffed animal in there. It works a little bit, s/he won't meow as long and does it off and on til its finally asleep. I'll see if this technique keeps working.

·
Registered
761 Posts
So it stops when you’re with it. If so, then the kitten thinks your it's mother. He/she is calling you. Not necessarily to be fed, but simply because it wants you to be around.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tiger eats a lot every 6 hours. Doesn't eat or doesn't eat much at the 3hr mark. Tiger urinates, and had one BM and it was diahrea. I go to the vet tomorrow so I hope to get meds.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Many things could be causing him/her to cry. He/she could have a rash (Keep the kitten clean and dry in this area), he/she is calling for his/her mother (supply some sort of a mother replacement such as a hot water bottle wrapped in a blanket or towel), he/she is too hot (turn to the lowest setting on the heating pad and cover with a towel or blanket to avoid direct contact with your kitten). Tell your vet tomorrow and get her opinion on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts