Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well unfortunately, I woke this morning to my mother saying something seemed wrong with Shadow. Apparently, our cat, who we thought was carrying kittens, passed a lump of tissue, and was apparently bleeding from the nether regions in her "nesting" area we had created for her. Unfortunately though, after this lump of tissue, no kittens. Also, she is no longer "feeling" pregnant. In fact, we were rather unsure if she was or not from the beginning

She was exhibiting most characteristics of pregnancy; wanting more food, crawling in to darker places, all of the fur around her nipples disappeared and they became engorged. Tonight though, all we've seen is a bloody lump of tissue and some blood-spots in her nesting box. Could this be an infection, possibly from a miscarriage? She's no longer bleeding, but she's exhibiting some strange behavior; Still crawling into tight dark places, and worst of all, she seems to be really really down, and tired. She lay on the bed for quite longer than usual and seemed rather tired considering the time of day. She also hasn't been meowing to get out, as is her custom, nor is she being very active in general. Help?

· Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
She seriously needs to see a vet as soon as possible. If she was my cat, I would have taken her to an emergency vet this morning.

· Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
Good luck tomorrow, I hope it's nothing serious. Try to get her to drink some water, if possible, maybe her favorite food or snack.

· Registered
5,669 Posts
She may be getting ready to deliver more kittens....hiding in dark places and being quiet are signs, or it's possible she is developing an infection (pyometra). A vet check is a good idea....especially having her temperature taken. Good luck!

· Registered
8,949 Posts
Definitely head to the vet. If she's not preggers, this is the perfect time to have her spayed to prevent adding to the overpopulation of cats. If she IS preggers it could be something serious that needs immediate attention.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.