Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kitten loves to be held on my arms. I am a first time cat owner and need advise please. She is an indoor/outdoor kittens but only out on a leash and supervised. Well last night she managed to step on mud and her paws were dirty. So I proceed to wipe her paws with a soft disposable pad. She then on her second paw peed a large spray on me! I was shocked she would do this. Obviously she disliked that but I occasionally wipe her from coming inside. THE PEE RUNNED THRU MY ARM AND FELL ON A MY HARD WOOD FLOOR! I will stop the wiping but how should a clean my wood floor/She never did this before and uses her box religiously. Please let me know how to proceed. Would she start peeing there? S he sleeps in my bedroom where the incident occurred. She is almost 5 months. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
To eliminate any urine odor, I would wash the floor where the urine landed with a bathroom cleaner, such as Lysol Hydrogen Peroxide Bathroom Cleaner, and next wipe it well with a sponge soaked in water and wipe floor well with a towel. I think it was just an accident because she was annoyed or frightened getting her paws cleaned, but if you need to do something like that again, do it in a bathroom or even better in a bathtub that is easier to clean up. If she pees outside her litter box again again, get some litter attractant, such as Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Litter, to encourage her to use her litter box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts